THE STUDENTS GAIN THE FOLLOWINGS AT MATHEMATICS COURSES IN THE PRIMARY SCHOOL
- They develop mathematical literacy skills and use them effectively.
- They understand the relations between the mathematical concepts, use them in daily life and transfer their knowledge onto different disciplines.
- They use the mathematical meaning and language correctly.
- They understand the mathematical concepts.
- They deal with the concepts based on concrete life models.
- They understand the importance of mathematics in daily life, realize and experience its relationship with other disciplines.
- They develop content usage, example giving, ordering, classification, comparison, relating, differentiating, concluding, estimation, decision making, problem solving, and perspective perception skills.
- They develop researching, information producing and usage skills.
- They develop numerical thinking skills and producing solution methods skills.
MATHEMATICS ACTIVITIES CARRIED OUT IN THE PRIMARY SCHOOL
- The mathematics course activities are planned based on the understanding by design model.
- The goal of the course is shared with the students or they are encouraged to find it out.
- The students’ preliminary knowledge about the subject to be covered is checked with a sample case or question in the beginning of the instruction and readiness activities are carried out to check the required learning acquisitions.
- The activities are carried out from simple to complex/easy to difficult to make up for the lack of knowledge or to offer reminders.
- Concrete materials (number blocks; geometric objects; weight, length, and liquid measurement tools..) are actively used.
- The students are encouraged to test their learning or acquired skill on an example or practice and they are given the opportunity to comprehend the subject with complementary and explanatory questions and answers if they lack any knowledge pr have any mislearning.
- The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th graders carry out activities not only to develop their field knowledge, but also their skills (estimation, comparing, drawing conclusions, number sense, reasoning, problem solving/writing).
- The activities that keep the students active are carried out by using the interactive smart boards.
- The works carried out throughout the week and homework are sent to the students via Google Classroom.
MEASUREMENT-ASSESSMENT FOR THE PRIMARY SCHOOL MATHEMATICS COURSES
Throughout the year, the students’ performance is assessed based on the followings:
- Submitting work and homework on time,
- Active participation in the class,
- Individual and group activities,
- Performance tasks based on the understanding by design model plans.
- The grading will be done in the fourth grade according to the assessment activities to be provided based on the instructions to be issued by the Ministry of Education.