THE STUDENTS GAIN THE FOLLOWINGS AT TURKISH COURSES IN THE PRIMARY SCHOOL
- Are encouraged to enjoy Turkish and to use it consciously and carefully.
- Gain the ability to understand fully and correctly what they watch, listen to and read.
- Gain the ability to express their feelings and thoughts about what they watch, listen to and read verbally or in writing correctly and appropriately.
- Gain the habit and pleasure of reading.
- Enrich their vocabulary through various activities.
- Understand the significance of communicating correctly verbally and in writing in daily life.
- Know the right techniques to ask questions about what they watch and the texts they listen to and read.
- Write creative texts based on their feelings, thoughts, observations, and dreams.
- Learn how to draw conclusions by making connections between the texts they read and how to interpret and criticize what they read.
- Learn to do research to access information from written/oral/visual resources by using the correct techniques.
TURKISH ACTIVITIES CARRIED OUT IN THE PRIMARY SCHOOL
- The Turkish activities are planned based on the understanding by design model.
- The activities are carried out based on the Turkish lessons and subjects and cross-curricular relations are established.
- Detailed, improving, and supporting activities are carried out to improve six learning areas, which are listening, reading, speaking, writing, visual reading, and visual presentation.
- The genres of poem, fairy tale, story, drama, and letter are introduced to the students on appropriate topics in each discipline.
- Up-to-date topics and practices such as media literacy, poster-brochure making are examined.
- Trips, observations, interviews, exhibitions are organized to make connection between the subject covered in the class and the real life.
- Correctly and fluently reading techniques are practiced.
- Creative writing activities are carried out to promote practical and creative thinking with an aim to produce authentic works.
- The activities carried out during the week and the assigned homework are sent to the students via Google Classroom.
MEASUREMENT-ASSESSMENT FOR THE PRIMARY SCHOOL TURKISH COURSES
- Beginning from the first grade, the students are given “Mechanic Literacy Assessment1 until the end of the fourth grade.
- Throughout the year, the students class performance is assessed based on the followings:
- Submitting work and homework on time,
- Active participation in the class,
- Individual and group activities,
- Performance tasks based on the understanding by design plans.
- The grading will be done in the fourth grade according to the assessment activities to be provided based on the instructions to be issued by the Ministry of Education.