As the Science Department of TED Istanbul College Foundation Private High School, we are planning to organize the third EnvironmenTED on 10-11-12 May 2013. EnviromenTED, which is an environment-focused workshop, warmly welcomes the schools from Istanbul and other TED Schools from around Turkey.
The theme of EnvironmenTED Istanbul 2013 will be “the impacts of agricultural policies on regional development and the sustainability of species.” The groups from participating schools are expected to investigate the issue by considering the agricultural problems in their own regions and produce suggestions for solution.
The issue can be investigated within the framework of any of the topics listed below or that of another topic to be determined on their own:
- Agricultural training (which forms of traditional agriculture we continue to use and why? What other methods can be used?)
- The uses and types of agricultural fertilizers
- Economy (New job opportunities, incentives, gender-based production, etc.)
- GMO (What risks do GMO have and what are their benefits)
- Alternative agricultural methods (Organic farming,urban farming, forest farming, animal farming, etc.)
- International trade and agreements
- Endemic plants and their sustainability
EnvironmenTED is intended to encourage the secondary school students to put their Science learning in practice, be aware of the environmental issues, search for their reasons and produce suggestions for solution as a result of their investigations. The workshop is also intended to remind the students that the scientific information is not limited to the classroom learning but it can be used in daily life to solve any problem.
TED Istanbul Environment Workshop will be attended by 10 students and 1(2) teachers from each school.
The applications will be made online at the link EnvironmenTED Istanbul -2013 on our school website.
22.02.2013 Deadline for the online applications
29.03.2013 Announcement of the list of participating students and teachers
22-26.04.2013 Submission of presentations to TED Istanbul College by the participating schools
10-11-12.05.2013 EnvironmenTED Istanbul 2013